Funding available: Up to £500
Funding Cycle: Monthly
Grants are available to sports organisations in Milton Keynes including grants to talented athletes. Start up grants £150, new Initiatives grants £500, coaching courses up to £300, equipment up to a third, talented individuals up to £300.
• Club must have been affiliated to Sport Milton Keynes for at least 6 months prior to application. This does not apply to either start-up grants or for new initiatives.
• Grant Applicants must be either a non-profitable club or after school club. Grants may be either to a Club or a Bursary to a talented individual.
• An application must be completed on the appropriate Sport Milton Keynes Application Form together with the necessary documentary evidence. These are available from either the address below or from the Sport Milton Keynes website.
• Each grant application is assessed monthly by the Executive Committee of Sport Milton Keynes. They may wish to visit the club to assist them in reaching their decision. Information on the Executive Committee members is available from the website.
• Bursaries for talented individuals – maximum of £300 (normally paid in two installments of £150). This must be applied for and supported by a senior club official. The Bursary will paid directly to the club, who will then pass this to the individual. Normally only two Bursaries from Sport Milton Keynes will be awarded to an affiliated club in any one year.
• If the demand for grants should exceed the funds available, priority will be given to non- Focus Sports. The current Focus Sports are Football, Athletics, Cricket, Tennis, Rugby and Gymnastics.
How to Apply
The Grants Panel meets monthly (except August) to consider requests for start up grants, grant aid and bursaries for talented competitors.
Applications for grants are invited from affiliated members and submitted to the Chairperson on the relevant form with supporting documentation by the 15th of each month.