‘Get fit outside, feel good inside’ A new way of getting fit is about to start in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes. British Military Fitness (BMF) classes commence at 7pm on Tuesday 15th June with classes continuing on Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm and Saturday mornings at 930am. Set up in 1999, and now in its 11th year, BMF operates venues throughout the UK. BMF was launched in London by Major Robin Cope, who knows only too well the benefits of a fun, but no nonsense, training programme that guarantees results.
Away from the confines of mirrors, dance studios, lengthy gym contracts and lycra-clad bodies, BMF classes take place outside in city parks all year round, whatever the weather. Classes are designed to get the heart pumping, but are no boot camp. They offer a real change from the mindless monotony of the gym treadmill, including; fresh air, and a group of like-minded people all working together, both in competition and as teams with a real sense of fun. Meeting new people is all part of the attraction.
The 60 minute session includes a combination of circuit type exercises, running, sprinting and a few energetic team games. Men and women of all fitness levels and ages are divided into groups according to their current fitness and are seriously worked out for 60 minutes. The classes are taken by fully qualified army physical training instructors, who constantly motivate and encourage participants, while ensuring exercises are done properly.
No two classes are the same, ensuring regular participants don’t know what to expect next and are constantly pushing themselves. Robin says of British Military Fitness: “Our aim is to provide a range of physically challenging activities, which will dramatically improve participants’ levels of fitness, self-confidence and give a sense of personal achievement. You need two sets of motivation to go to the gym – one to get there and another to work out. Here you have the group and the instructor to get you going and motivate you. BMF is a fitness company - no gadgets or gizmos, just pure fitness and fun. If you regularly come along to BMF classes, you WILL get fitter.”
After a FREE introductory lesson, you can sign up to British Military Fitness classes for as little as £34 a month for unlimited classes. If you miss a class at Milton Keynes or just want some extra workout sessions, BMF have launched a new iPhone application, ‘My Fitness Instructor,’ available at the App store, so you can exercise with their unique instructors anytime, anywhere.
Why Join BMF?
- To have a challenging workout with a motivational instructor - every time! o To exercise outside in the fresh air with other people o For a cost & time effective way of training o Because getting fit should be fun!
- For an environmentally friendly, safe and socially interactive way of training -ENDS- Words: 474 Notes for Editors: o First trial session is FREE. Classes run for an hour. o Monthly fee is £34 - includes unlimited classes per month in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes.
There is also a corporate rate of £30 pcm for unlimited classes (NHS, Teachers, local govt workers etc). U21 and over 60 rate £20 pcm for unlimited classes. o Milton Keynes classes take place in Campbell Park and the meeting point is at the park entrance on Avebury Boulevard at South West end of Campbell Park. There is limited parking on Avebury Boulevard with plenty of parking at Xscape opposite Campbell Park. Times: Tuesday and Thursday at 1900-2000 and Saturday mornings at 0930-1030.
First Class is Tuesday 15th June at 1900hrs. o British Military Fitness classes run in parks in the following cities: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Chester, Coventry, Derby, Dundee, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Perth, Guildford, Leeds, London (24 venues), Manchester (5 venues), Newcastle, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Poole, Plymouth, Reading and Tunbridge Wells. Over 90 venues and counting. o For further information visit: www.britmilfit.com
About the BMF iPhone App ‘My Fitness Instructor’
- If you miss a class or just want some extra workout sessions, BMF have launched a new iPhone application, ‘My Fitness Instructor’, so you can exercise with their unique instructors anytime, anywhere
- Using the voices of real BMF instructors, it has been specifically designed to safely guide and encourage you through workouts, with a heart rate monitor, warm-ups, warm-downs and videos to show correct body form and movement.
- You can access 5 million unique workouts – enough to workout everyday for more than 13,000 years, without repeating the same workout.
- ‘My Fitness Instructor’ and is available now for £2.99 from the App Store.
- For further information on the ‘My Fitness Instructor’ visit www.bmffitnessapp.com For further information and/or to arrange a taster session, please contact: Laura Kettle on 0207 751 9742 or email email@example.com